COVID-19 Related Information

Information on the Novel Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19) (MOFA)

Information on using the Fast Track upon entry into Japan (MHLW

Reviewed border measures to take effect starting in March 2022 (MOFA) 

Revision of the restrictions on the acceptance of overseas tourists (JTA)

Border enforcement measures to prevent COVID-19 (MOFA)

Application for Visa for foreign nationals eligible for Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border Travel (MOFA)

General Information Related to COVID-19
Immigrtion Service Agency of Japan
Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare



General Information on Visa Applications (MOFA)

For the procedures and conditions to apply for various types of Visas, please refer to the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA). Application forms can also be downloaded from the website.
Consular Fees (April 1, 2022 - March 31, 2023)

*It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance when traveling to Japan.

Visa Office Hours

Visa applications may be submitted to the Visa window from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with the exception of national and public holidays. Please make an appointment for visits in advance. Queries concerning visa applications may also be made during these times or contact the following number or email.
Visit Japan Web (online service for quarantine, immigration and custom declaration procedures)

Sales tax exemption system

Foreign national coexistence policies


Police Certificate

Please see this page

Certificate of Translation

Certificate of Translation verifies the accuracy of the translated document submitted by the applicant and that it corresponds with the original Japanese document. The Embassy of Japan does NOT provide translation of documents.

Required Documents for Application:
  1. Application form (available at the Embassy)
  2. Original Japanese document
  3. Translated document

Other Certificates

The Embassy also issues certificates listed below as well as other types of certificates. Please verify with Consular Section for further information.
  • Certificate concerning personal matters (birth, marriage, divorce, etc.)
  • Certificate of seal on official documents